Sunday 27 April 2014

My one-year Blogoversary!

Exactly one year ago I started this blog. At the time, I was unsure of exactly what blogging was all about and whether anyone would even bother to read it—outside my immediate family, of course. But I’ve been amazed by every comment, retweet, like, share and favourite and sincerely thank you for the support you guys have given me in my debut year as a blogger.

My first few steps into the blogging world were tentative ones. I imagined my blog would be a place where I could release my writing out into the world and hoped it would be of some interest to others.You can check out my first post here and see how far I've come!

As months, and blogs posts, went by I discovered a reoccurring theme to my writing. The posts mostly revolved around inspiration, dreams, goals and the magic of books, films and TV shows. Recently, I changed my blog name and design to reflect this focus. I’m a firm believer in Walt Disney’s seminal quote: “if you can dream it, you can do it”, and my blog will continue to keep this motto at the heart of all my writing.


Later, I ventured into writing reviews and I can’t tell you how excited I was to receive my first review request approval from a publisher – thank you Penguin Books Australia! I have loved reviewing booksa responsibility that I take very seriously, and look forward to reviewing many more titles. My favourite reviews so far have been:



                                                               

Recently, I started a new blog series that focuses on how to create successful book-to-film adaptations. As many of you know, I work in the film and animation industry and wanted to combine my passion for reading and writing with my love of films. If you haven't checked it out yet, you can find my first post for this series here.

One unexpected and wonderful benefit of creating this blog is being a part of the fantastic YA blogging community in Australia. They’ve been so supportive and I feel incredibly lucky to be included in such a great group of readers, writers and future authors.

Once again, I want to thank you so much for reading this blog. It’s a wonderful feeling to know that others are reading, and hopefully enjoying, what I write. I will continue to share my thoughts on books, films, writing and dreaming and hope to add a “My Books” tab to my blog in the not-too-distant future to keep you informed on my progress of becoming a published 
author.

If you have any suggestions or requests on what you’d like to see more of on my blog I’d love to hear them in the comments!




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a year of blogging! I hadn't heard that Walt Disney quote before, but it's beautiful and inspiring and such a great thing to follow. I'm really excited to see how this next year goes, and the news that you're going to be adding a My Books section is very exciting! I'm definitely going to follow the journey, now I've found your lovely blog.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank so much Romi! Your comment has made my day! :)

    I could probably dedicate an entire post to the many wonderful things Walt Disney said - actually, that's not a bad idea! I might just do that. ;)

    I really appreciate your support and I'll be shouting any publishing success from the rooftops. Hopefully that won't be too far away... Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete